As the founder of a blog 100% dedicated to lipstick, it’s no surprise that I’m usually carrying at least six lipsticks on my person. It’s not at all on purpose and in fact, it’s more of a comfort thing. I’d hate to be caught in a situation where I don’t have what I need - let’s say a lip balm for hydration, a matte lipstick for longevity or a creme lipstick for colour and hydration. I know. It’s insane.
Using my lipstick neurosis as inspiration, Diana and I thought it would be great to start a “What’s In My Bag Series” each month. We’ll take turns of course as we ask one another, “Hey, what’s in your bag?”
I always carry around a compact in my cosmetics bag and it's not always powder. This NARS compact is the limited edition Orgasm packaging and it's particularly special to me because I did a project with them at the start of this year for their Facebook page for the Orgasam anniversary collection. This blush is also the first high-end blush I ever bought when I was in my teens.
Current lipsticks, lip glosses and lip liners currently sitting in my TUMI leather makeup bag.
Top, from left to right:
- Bite Beauty lip liner in 022
- Bite Beauty lip liner in 040
- NARS Precision lip liner in Lérins
- Too Faced Liquified Matte Long Wear Lipstick in Gingerbread Man (limited edition for holiday 2017)
Bottom, from left to right:
- CHANEL Rouge Coco gloss in 754
- CHANEL Rouge Coco gloss in 752
- NARS Powermatte Lip Pigment in Get It On
- Smashbox Always On Liquid Lipstick in Stepping Out
- Bite Beauty Amuse Bouche Liquified Lip in Braised
- Charlotte Tilbury Hollywood Lips in Too Bad I'm Bad
- Bobbi Brown Nourishing Lip Color in Black Plum
- MAC Lustre Lipstick in See Sheer
- Charlotte Tilbury Hot Lips Lipstick in Hot Emily
- Marc Jacobs Le Marc Lip Crème Lipstick in True (limited edition)
Other items in my TUMI makeup bag include Urban Decay's Trouble Maker mascara and my NARS Orgasm blush. Pictured here are also my Felony Case marble iPhone case (made with real marble btw!), my quilted patent leather CHANEL cardholder and a random bottle of nail polish. This one here is called Jealous Boyfriend, flattering green-blue, from their Miracle Gel collection. I'm currently super obsessed with these polishes because they last a week before they start chipping.
Marble table top from HomeSense on top of an old iron plant holder. The sheepskin rug is IKEA, the silver boots are from Zara, and my eyeglasses are Alexander McQueen.